Ruins of roman buildings (Unirii Square) – were part of central square of the roman city Napoca (2nd century A.D. – 3rd century A.D.). These ruins had been overlapped in time by medieval, modern and contemporary buildings.
The first archaeologycal research from Unirii Square were made in 1822. The actual research began in 1994 and pursued, with certain interruption, until 2008, being guided by the archaerologysts from the National History Museum of Transylvania from Cluj-Napoca. It was archaeologically investigated an area of about 850 square metres from the central and southern area of the roman city. Were also discovered Neolithic, post-roman and medieval vestiges. A surface of 82 square metres of the site is covered with glass for the protection of the vestiges. The inauguration of the site took place the same time with the unveiling of Lupa Capitolina on Eroilor Boulevard (november 28th 2008).
N: 46° 46′ 09,3″
E: 23° 35′ 23,7″
Text preluat de pe visitclujnapoca.ro.2015-03-03