The second medieval fortress on Potaissa street was constructed in the 15th century, after 1405, when the city received the rank of Free Imperial City and the right to build defense walls and towers.
For the construction of the walls, which lasted until the late sixteenth century, large blocks of stone were used. The fortress wall has a length of approximately 205 meters and a height of 8 meters. Over the years, the wallstructure was affected both in terms of resistance, and aesthetics because of the weather.
Cluj-Napoca City Hall restored the fortress wall to highlight the area Potaissa -Kogalniceanu – The Tailor’s Tower. This will be an integrated tourist circuit that will present the Medieval City of Cluj. Strengthening and rehabilitation works involve respecting the original form of the wall.
Text preluat de pe visitclujnapoca.ro.2015-03-02