Eroilor Boulevard is one of the most important arteries in Cluj-Napoca. From the late nineteenth century until 1919 was called Deak Ferenc utca, in translation “Deák Ferenc street.” Between the two world wars it was called the Queen Mary Street, while under communists bear the name Dr. Petru Groza Street.
During 2006 it was completely rebuilt the southern side of the street, being opened for traffic later that year, while the northern side has been transformed into a pedestrian area in 2007.
In 2007 work was started to modernize the pedestrian area of the boulevard. Thus, the area was arranged with two fountains, benches and terraces. The pedestrian area is paved with cubic stone.
With the start of the new works for the pedestrian area of the boulevard, on the left side of the road traffic was closed. Thus, it has remained the right lane traffic only, from Union Square to Avram Iancu.
Text preluat de pe visitclujnapoca.ro.2015-02-25