The palace is situated in the Unirii square and its construction embraces 3 architectural styles: classic, rococo and renascence.
The building was built in the 18th century and belonged to the Wass family, one of the oldest families of nobles from Transylvania established here around 1100. Due to the emblem on the front side of the building the palace is also known as “the house with a bull head”.
The last owner of the house was countess Otilia Wass who used to organise in her palace different reading saloons. In the end the countess donated the building to the Association of Transylvanian Museum.
Text preluat de pe visitclujnapoca.ro.2015-02-10