It is the masterpiece of sculptor Virgil Fulicea and it was established in front of the Tailors’ Bastion in 1975 in memory of Michael the Brave’s general, Baba Novac. On February 5th 1601, Baba Novac and his Serb confessor were burned alive in the central square of Cluj. After that, their remaining were taken out of the city walls and put on stakes near the Tailors’ Bastion. In the summer of 1601, after winning the battle at Guruslau, Michael the Brave set up a flag on the spot where its captain Baba Novac was killed.
Text preluat de pe visitclujnapoca.ro.2014-11-04