Founded in 1792, the Hungarian State Theatre of Cluj is the oldest theatre in Hungarian. Nowadays, a repertory theatre, it is subordinated to the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage. Most of the shows played in Hungarian are being translated simultaneously in Romanian on the helmet.
The most important moments in the history of the theatre were marked by theatre animators, producers and directors of international resonance who have rightfully entered in the history of the Hungarian but also European theatre: E. Kovacs Gyula, the initiator of the cycle of Shakespeare’ drama (1865–1899), Janovics Jeno, the founder of the first Hungarian cinematographic studio (1905–1930), or Harag Gyorgy, director of European size (1973-1985), one of the great masters of the scene from Romania.
Booking office: Telephone: 0264593468 daily between the hours 10-1.00 PM and 4.30-6.30 PM
26-28 Emil Isac street
N: 46° 46′ 20,3″
E: 23° 35′ 01,8″
Phone: 004 0264 59 34 69
Text preluat de pe visitclujnapoca.ro.2015-03-17