The Mauksch-Hintz house, on the Northern side of the Unirii Square on the corner with Ferdinand Street accommodates the permanent exposition of the Historical Collection of Pharmacy, collection that belongs to the National History Museum of Transylvania.
The building was renovated in 1766, when a Pharmacy was arranged in an old house following the orders of the privileged pharmacist Tobias Mauksch, the curator of the Evangelic church in Cluj.
The current exposition in the Mauksch-Hintz house was arranged in 1954 by professor Valeriu Bologa, chair of the History of Medicine and Pharmacy department.
Later on, the Museum of Pharmacy was named the Collection of History of Pharmacy and it was subordinated to the National History Museum of Transylvania.
Text preluat de pe visitclujnapoca.ro.2015-02-09